Grilled Aquanaria sea bass fillet macerated in Sayko miso
- To prepare the sauce, first boil the mirin with the sake for 20 seconds on high heat (this way the alcohol will evaporate but the taste of the sake will remain).
- Lower the heat, add the miso paste and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Increase the heat and add the sugar while continuously whisking.
- Let it cool at room temperature prior to using the mixture as a marinade for the fish.
- Use paper towels to dry the sea bass fillets and then spread a generous layer of miso sauce over them. Store in the refrigerator in a covered container for two days.
- Before cooking, preheat the grill or oven broiler.
- Carefully remove the excess miso on the fillets but leave a generous amount of the sauce. Cook in the oven at 149º C (300º F) for 10 minutes or grill until they turn a caramel colour. Monitor to ensure they do not dry out and add more miso sauce if required. Serve immediately.
Next recipe Sea bass belly with Japanese mushrooms